Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat. Premium PADDED Bath and Shower Chair with Pivoting Arms. Space Saving Design. NEW for 2017.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE sliding transfer bench, bath and shower chair. Effortless sliding and pivoting for safe, easy transfers in and out of the tub. Platinum Health products are used in thousands of hospitals, nursing homes and in private homes by customers who value quality, safety, convenience and comfort over price. Note: OPTIONAL LEG EXTENSION KITS AND HORIZONTAL TRAVEL EXTENSION KITS ALSO AVAILABLE.
- -PADDED SEAT, BACK AND ARMRESTS. No more cold, slippery, hard plastic parts like old-style bath chairs; the Carousel provides warm to the touch, comfortable, slip resistant padding on all main components. The medical-grade, closed-cell molded polyurethane padding will not absorb any water and is easy to clean and disinfect. Quick TOOLS-LESS assembly in less than 5 minutes.
- -SWIVEL-SEAT SPACE SAVING DESIGN. Not only is the swivel seat safer, easier to use and more comfortable than a standard fixed seat, this design means that the chair protrudes into the room much less than a traditional transfer bench. More convenient for the user, and more convenient for others that don’t require use of the chair since the free space in the bathroom is much greater.
- -ROBUST, PIVOTING ARM RESTS. The padded arm rests can be raised and lowered and locked into place. Unlike standard chairs with no armrests, the robust armrests on the Carousel can be used as leverage points to help the user into and out of the chair. They also provide important additional physical and psychological support against slips and falls and fear of slips and falls.
- -HI CONTRAST COLOR FOR SAFETY. Our unique HI-VIEW BLUE color makes the key parts of the chair much easier to see by vision impaired and/or dementia afflicted users. Rather than blending in with the background like old-style white benches, the blue contrast color helps users distinguish the chair from its surroundings and significantly reduces slips, trips and falls- the leading cause of death by injury in people over 65.